Welcome to the Woodin Library!
Remote Library Learning
General Info ~ Start here!
Dear Woodin Families,
Welcome! This page contains general library information, links to pages with additional resources, and answers to frequently asked library questions. Be sure to check out our Woodin Library E-Learning site to find additional information and ideas on how to keep your readers engaged in books and literacy throughout the school year.
Click on the panels below OR click on the green button to navigate to more great resources!
Wishing you a wonderful 2022-23 school year! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any library related questions!
eBooks & Audiobooks
Please explore the following options for checking out eBooks and audiobooks:
SORA by Overdrive
KCLS Student Accounts
Students of NSD have free access to all of King County Library System's online information and tools! This access includes a number of premium databases, eBooks, audiobooks, educational videos, and homework help from Live Tutors.
To access your student account, follow these simple instructions:
Click on the King County Libraries icon under Library and Research in Clever (or click on the button below)
Choose Elementary School Students
Choose your online resource option
IF you are wanting to check out an eBook or audiobook, choose the 2nd option
Once in the digital library, sign in (click the orange button in the top right corner) *see log in directions below
IF you are choosing to explore databases, click on the 1st option
When you click on the database you wish to use, you will be prompted to log in *see log in directions below
LOG IN FOR ALL KCLS RESOURCES:
Library Card Number: 417studentID#
PIN: last 4 digits of studentID#
Helpful Links & Extras
Virtual Read Alouds/About the Author
Virtual Read Alouds:
About the Author:
- Kevin Henkes www.kevinhenkes.com
- Mo Willems http://pigeonpresents.com/
- Dr. Seuss https://www.seussville.com/
- Dav Pilkey https://kids.scholastic.com/kids/books/planet-pilkey/
- Eric Carle http://www.eric-carle.com/home.html
- Jan Brett https://www.janbrett.com/
- Robert Munsch http://robertmunsch.com/
- James Dean/Eric Litwin http://www.petethecatbooks.com/
- Mary Pope Osborne https://www.magictreehouse.com/
- Mary Pope Osborne https://www.magictreehouse.com/
- Dav Pilkey https://pilkey.com/ OR https://kids.scholastic.com/kids/books/planet-pilkey/
- Jeff Kinney https://wimpykid.com/
- R.L. Stine http://rlstine.com/
- Raina Telgemeier https://goraina.com/
- Roald Dahl https://www.roalddahl.com/home/kids
- Kazu Kibuishi https://www.boltcityproductions.com/
- Lauren Tarshis https://www.laurentarshis.com/
Students have unlimited access to district provided databases which can be accessed through Clever, including:
KCLS databases (SIRS Discoverer, Britannica Library, Gale in Context: Biographies, and Culturegrams)
Below is a list of additional websites and/or videos for kid-based research:
- General Info - National Geographic Kids
- General Info - Time for Kids
- Women's History - Herstory for Kids
- Sports - SI Kids: Sports News for Kids, Kids Games and More
- General Info - World Book Online https://www.worldbookonline.com/kids/home
- BrainPOP - https://www.brainpop.com/
- K-2 Research -PebbleGo https://pebblego.com/
- KCLS Student Accounts - K-5 Databases *For instructions on where to go and how to log in, please click on the Remote Book Checkout Options tab above and then on the KCLS Student Accounts tab.
For passwords for subscription-based databases, please look to your teacher's online learning sites.
Digital Citizenship refers to the responsible use of all types of technology. For a quick overview, click on the link below to watch a video by Common Sense Media.
Video: What is Digital Citizenship?
For further exploration, click on the links below to learn more and do related activities.
Hour of Code
Get tech savvy, learn all about coding, play games and have fun!
Scratch - Imagine, Program, Share
Menu of Options
Below is a menu of options for you to choose from to fulfill your weekly library time and/or fill some free time. *See the Helpful Links & Extras tab below for more info on these options.
Here are some ideas:
- Listen to a story online*
- Visit an author's website*
- Read a book online in one of 43 languages @ Unite for Literacy
- Do a Bikes for Books challenge (see Bikes for Books info on main library page)
- Draw with Mo Willems ~ "Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems"
- Explore characters from Dog Man and Captain Underpants, be creative and have fun with Dav Pilkey ~ Dav Pilkey at Home
- Explore Scholastic - play games, watch book trailers, read book samples, etc. - Scholastic
- Raz Kids
- Do Hour of Code*
- Check out an eBook/Audiobook (see the eBooks & Audiobooks tab)
- Explore a database (see the eBooks & Audiobooks page - look for KCLS Student Accounts)
- Read a book from your home library
- Keep a reading journal
- Write a poem
- Be your own author ~ write a story! Scholastic Story Starters
- Create a comic - Cat Kid Comic Club
- Mad Libs - Wacky Web Tales
- How many books can I check out?
- How do I pay for a lost or damaged book?
- How can I check my library account?
How many books can I check out?
Books are checked out for a two week period, but may be renewed.
A student will not be allowed to check out other books until all overdue books/materials have been returned.
How do I pay for a lost or damaged book?
If your child has a lost or damaged a library book, a replacement fine will be attached to their account. Fines should be paid through the front office.
If you find a lost book, please return it to the library and any related fines will be either reimbursed (if the fine was already paid) or deleted from your child's library account.
How can I check my library account?
Students can check their library accounts from home to see what materials they currently have checked out by clicking on the big green Library Catalog button at the top of this page.
To navigate to the catalog, log in to your Clever account at my.nsd.org. Once in Clever, find the Destiny Discover tile under Library and Research.
Once in Destiny, follow these simple steps (if you enter through Clever, you should already be logged in to your library account):
Click on the "My Stuff" tab at the top of the page
Click on "Checkouts" to view your library account (here you can see what you currently have checked out, due dates, and HOLDS you have placed)